Pet Licensing and Rabies Information
State of NJ Dog Licensing Requirements
Annual Licensing Fees are as follows:
Dog : Regular (not altered) $12.00 . . . . . . Altered $8.00
Cat : Regular (not altered) $11.00 . . . . . . Altered $6.00
- All dogs and cats 7 months and older must be licensed each year between January 1st and March 1st
- New residents are required to license pets within 30 days of residency, with the exception of pets previously licensed in other New Jersey municipalities during the current calendar year
- Penalty fees for late renewal
after March 1st $10 per pet
after April 1st $15 per pet
after May 1st $20 per pet
- All pets shall have their own license tag number
- City ordinance limits the number of pets by one owner to a total of six (6)
Licenses may not be renewed if the rabies vaccination status does not meet the State Department of Health requirement -- rabies vaccinations must not expire prior to November 1st of the current license year. See the Rabies Vaccination Waiver below for exceptions.
PRE-REGISTRATION FOR 2/24/18 RABIES CLINIC IS NOW CLOSED
Complete guidelines, with references to City Ordinances, can be found in the Department's Pet Manual.
To view/print a copy of the Pet Manual in English, click here. For a copy in Spanish, click here.
Print Application for new Dog/Cat license
Verification of spay/neuter (if applicable) and rabies vaccination required