One (1) Administrative Clerk position in the Administration Office is now available.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Anyone who wishes to apply for this position should submit a letter of interest to Human Resources during the prescribed period.
A complete job description is attached.
Under direction of supervisory staff, receives callers, provides information and acts as liaison between department personnel and callers. Performs administrative clerical work, including copying, filing, typing and related duties.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
- Receives callers, determines their reasons for visiting the office, provides them with the required information according to department procedures and, as is possible, sees that the desired objectives are achieved.
- Notifies department personnel of callers’ names and other relevant information and, when so instructed, schedules appointments.
- Answers the telephone and gives information.
- Sees that the callers who have appointments with department staff members are seated and that all persons concerned are notified of the caller’s arrival.
- Receives, sorts, and distributes incoming letters, packages, and related materials.
- Weighs, seals and stamps outgoing mail and packages.
- Refers complicated inquiries and/or callers who have come to the wrong office to the proper individual or unit.
- Performs varied clerical duties including typing, filing, and copying documents.
- Under supervision, maintains and updates records and files.
- Prepares simple reports and correspondence under direction.
- Types documents from varied forms of copy.
ADMINISTRATIVE CLERK – ADMINISTRATION OFFICE
Education, Experience and Licenses
- College degree or five (5) years office experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of functions and responsibilities for the office and of the approved methods of providing information to the public.
- Knowledge of office deadlines, routines, schedules, and procedures after a period of training.
- Ability to meet and deal courteously and effectively with varied types of persons.
- Ability to perform varied types of clerical tasks including the typing, filing, copying and maintaining records.
- Ability to maintain records and files, and satisfy confidentiality requirements of the office.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand, or communicate in English sufficiently to perform the duties of this position.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees.
- Experience with internet website management