August 11, 2022 Press Release – CDC streamlines COVID-19 guidance to help the public better protect themselves and understand their risk.
COVID-19 vaccine and updated bivalent booster appointments are available with our Public Health Nurse, Claudette Murdock. Call 201-568-3450 x511 to schedule. Special COVID-19 vaccine and booster events will be announced through flyers and robocolls.
CDC Advisory - Rebound Case after Paxlovid Treatment (May 2022)
You can periodically check Bergen County's COVID-19 infection level here
Resources & News Links
NJ Homeland Security Rumor Control
Travel Advisory FAQ
It is imperative that residents follow these steps to prevent the spread of coronavirus in order to flatten the curve:
- Wash hands often with soap and water. If not available, use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick and avoid contact with others.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Practice social distancing of 6 feet, self quarantine, and avoid gatherings no matter the size.
All Bergen County Testing information is available HERE. Bergen New Bridge Medical Center Mobile COVID-19 Testing Information available HERE.
"While home-based tests offer accessible and affordable testing options, test results may not be reported
to public health authorities, thereby placing the onus on the individual to self-isolate for the
recommended period of time and to notify contacts of possible exposure." - NJ Department of Health, February 3, 2022
FREE AT-HOME COVID-19 TESTS
Order 4 tests now at COVIDtests.gov. Need help placing an order for your at-home tests? Call 1-800-0233 (TTY 1-888-720-7489).
The Bergen County Animal Shelter has resumed rabies vaccination clinics. The Department’s Animal Control Officer will be conducting follow-up with all owners/pets with licenses due for renewal.