State of NJ Dog Licensing Requirements (PDF)
2023 Pet Licensing Application
Annual Licensing Fees
|Animal||Regular (Not Altered)||Altered|
- All dogs and cats 7 months and older must be licensed each year between January 1st and March 1st.
- New residents are required to license pets within 30 days of residency, with the exception of pets previously licensed in other New Jersey municipalities during the current calendar year
- Penalty fees for late renewal:
- After March 1st - $10 per pet
- After April 1st - $15 per pet
- After May 1st - $20 per pet
- All pets shall have their own license tag number
- City ordinance limits the number of pets by one owner to a total of six
Licenses may not be renewed if the rabies vaccination status does not meet the State Department of Health requirement - rabies vaccinations must not expire prior to November 1st of the current license year. See the Rabies Vaccination Waiver below for exceptions.