Do I need a food establishment license?

A food establishment license is required for any operation that stores, prepares, packages, serves, or sells food directly to the consumer, or provides food for human consumption. This includes, but is not limited to restaurants, grocery stores, school cafeterias, long-term care facilities, daycare centers, and mobile food units.

Licenses are required for new food establishments. Licenses are also required whenever there is a change of ownership. Licenses must be renewed each year. Please include an application processing fee based on your category/type and size (fee schedule range of $250 to $750; late fees are $50 for licenses $200 or less or $100 for licenses over $250), made payable to Englewood Health Department, with the license application. Mail or deliver completed applications to the Englewood Health Department at 73 South Van Brunt Street, Englewood, New Jersey 07631.

Applications are available from the Englewood Health Department.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a food establishment license?
2. Do I need a license to sell food at an event?